Read this article to learn how to clean microfiber couch with carpet shampooer.
Microfiber sofas are thought to be capable of repelling dirt, stains and soil. The material is made up of rayon, polyester and nylon. Certainly, your couch might not get grimy and dirty like the rest of the furniture in your house, but still, you’ll need to clean it at some point. Microfiber mostly attracts skin oils and pet hair.
Carpet shampooers, also known as steam vacuums, uses shampoo or detergent formulated particularly for upholstery applied on chairs and sofas to clean. You can clean your couch using a shampooer that has an upholstery attachment. Shampooing removes heavy soils, odors and stains that are stubborn which a regular upholstery spot cleaner cannot remove.
While carpet shampoos are versatile cleaners, they should not be used on light-fabric clothes. For example, you should not use the shampoos on your best sports bra for large breasts as they can destroy the fabric.
Tools for Cleaning Microfiber with Carpet Shampooer
Things you need:
- Rug shampooer
- Upholstery/Carpet detergent
- Lint remover
How to Clean Microfiber With Carpet Shampooer
- Vacuum to remove any debris or dirt that might be on the surface of the sofa. Remove the sofa cushions then clean both sides including the crannies and nooks.
- Run the lint remover over the couch to get rid of pet hair. The hair lifts off easily when dry. It gets hard to remove once the couch is wet.
- Check the manufacturer’s label on the couch or fabric tags and see if it has W/S or W. If you get either of the two codes on the label or tag, it’s safe to use shampooer on your sofa.
- The rug shampooer should be filled with some hot water plus three ounces of upholstery/carpet detergent. Pour the cleaner in the spout, following the directives of the manufacturer.
- Slide the panel at the front upwards and off from the shampooer’s recovery tank. Slip a hose connector on the wand attachment of the upholstery in the panel slot at the front of the recovery tank then snap in place.
- Switch on the shampooer. The upholstery attachment has a nozzle that you will press in the fabric of the sofa. Pulling the trigger, move the outlet slowly over the couch towards you. Overlap every pass made by the nozzle as this prevents it from staining the fabric. Make passes to clear the shampoo without using the trigger.
- Hold the nozzle ½ inches over the fabric then press the trigger and shampoo creases and corners on the sofa. Let go the trigger then run this nozzle above the creases or corners to clear the shampoo solution.
- Press the button, then crisscross the passes made by the nozzle over the material to clean areas that have heavy dirt. This releases more detergent on the spots. Don’t do it more than twice so as not to damage the fabric of the sofa, to prevent water stains and color bleeding.
- Smooth the microfiber nap with a towel that is lint-free. Brush it over cushions to remove the marks from upholstery attachment.
The above are the tools you need and steps to take to clean microfiber couch with carpet shampooer. It is important to use organic cleaner if any members of your family have any type of allergies. Apart from this, you may want to check whether the cleaner is pet friendly if you are keeping some furry friends in the house.